Candidates Local to Dover, DE will only be considered. This position does not pay travel, per diem or relocation.
HazTek Inc. is one of the nation’s largest and most experienced and respected occupational health and safety management firms. We are known for our professional consulting services and premium safety training and we are trusted for our effectiveness in keeping workers safe today — so employees and businesses will be here tomorrow. HazTek is leading the industry in growth and is currently seeking outstanding performers to join our respected team of safety professionals.
We offer a positive workplace culture, competitive compensation, and a great benefits package that includes professional development and education assistance. Please go to www.haztekinc.com to learn more about our company.
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered!
The key functions of the Safety Coordinator are to support specific project needs and ensure that best practices are implemented, safety compliance requirements are met, and an improved safety culture and performance is delivered.
- Oversee all aspects of USACE industrial construction projects ensuring compliance to include but not limited to: Demolition, Waste Management, Excavation, Critical Lifts, Steel Erection
- Conduct daily safety meetings
- Complete accident reports and conduct accident investigations
- Ensure all personnel wear their personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Daily safety audits and inspections
- Oversee all subcontractors and contractors
- Inspect power tools and heavy equipment
- Write job hazard analysis (JHA) and health & safety plans (HASP)
- Minimum 7+ years direct construction or safety experience required
- OSHA 30 hour Wallet Card required
- EM-385 1-1 required
- First Aid/CPR certified required
- 8 hours of safety training every year for the last 5 years required
- Experience working under US Army Corps Engineers/EM 385 1-1 regulations
- Strong knowledge of OSHA and USACE construction safety standards
- 5 years of recent and continuous safety work history
- Ability to execute, implement and oversee all safety practice set forth by USACE
- Must have experience in the following areas:
- Waste Management
- Critical lifts
- Steel Erection
- Construction of industrial warehouse
- Ability to obtain clearance to work on a military base Experience preferred in the following areas:
- Contractor Safety Oversight